Take a Tour
Upon joining us at The Personnel Group, we’ll take you on a journey towards your new career.
Helping you prepare and find a suitable job that is right for you, is what we love to do. We have developed our services and processes around the fundamental notion that you are in charge of your employment future – My Future, My Choice.
Our First Meeting
Your first appointment with us with be held during the first 2 weeks after you contact us. During your initial interview we will determine your eligibility for our services. We will also provide you with information about our services and obtaining a Centrelink Job Capacity Assessment (if this required). Most importantly, our consultants will be there for with you, every step of the way.
Getting to Know You
During the first 4 weeks you will have weekly face-to-face appointments with your consultant. During this time, we’ll get to know each other and will provide you with one-on-one employment coaching. This will include:
- A high quality resume – uploaded to My Gov.
- Access to templates for letters of applications.
- Complete an online career program called ‘Career Voyage’.
- Registration and coaching on how to use – My Gov, Australian Jobs and Jobseeker Apps.
- A comprehensive job plan outlining your employment goals.
- We’ll help you to identify any skills gaps and training requirements, and put a plan in place to address these.
- We’ll contact other service providers that you may have, so that we can work together to best support you.
- We’ll develop strategies or link you with appropriate service providers to help address any barriers and get you closer to your employment goals.
Finding You the Right Job
Throughout your job search phase you will be provided with a minimum fortnightly face-to-face appointment to assist you to become fully job ready to enter into employment. Support and training will include:
- Personalised career coaching
- Esher House resilience training
- Access to TAFE, licencing, short courses, certificates
- Pre-employment training to assist you with interview skills, cover letter writing, addressing performance criteria and personal presentation.
- Assistance with job search utilising our experienced employer consultants, who will help you with cold canvassing, online job search engines, and assistance with applying for positions and training on how to do these activities by yourself.
- Your consultant will talk to you about your health and wellbeing, social activities and other areas that you may wish to address.
- Your job search may also include work experience, volunteer work, work trials and speakers from local industries
Finally, our experienced team of employment consultants are always out and about talking to local employers about your skills and abilities, and seeking our job opportunities that are right for you!
Getting that Job!
You’ve done all the hard work and now you have got yourself a job – well done!
But your journey with us doesn’t stop here.
We’ll continue to support you to ensure that your new job is going well for both you and your new employer. This includes:
- One-on-one workplace training support
- Travel training – how to get yourself to work
- Further skills and licencing training
- Continued assistance with linking you to community and health providers
- We will also work with your employer and ensure that you have a smooth transition to work.
Keeping in Touch
We know your journey and we understand the ups and downs you’ve encountered to get here. We become so proud of everything you have achieved.
Even though you are now working and awesome at your job, we’ll still keep in touch with you ….. for as long as you need.
Want to work? Let’s get started.