Employer Wage Subsidy
DSS Wage Subsidy
UP TO $1650 for employing a person registered with The Personnel Group.
Restart Wage Subsidy
UP TO $10,000 for employing a jobseeker who is 50 years of age or over.
Youth Bonus Wage Subsidy
UP TO $10,000 for employing a jobseeker who is 15-24 years of age and is registered with a Transition to Work provider (The Personnel Group).
Long Term Unemployed
UP TO $6500 for employing a jobseeker registered with The Personnel Group and has been seeking employment for 12 months.
Indigenous Wage Subsidy
UP TO $10,000 for employing eligible Indigenous job seekers.
Parents Wage Subsidy
UP TO $6500 for a jobseeker who is a principal carer parent.
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements
The JobMaker Hiring Credit will help to accelerate growth in the employment of young people during the COVID-19 recovery. This will improve their economic, health and social outcomes and reduce the scarring from long-term unemployment.
Eligible employers will be able to claim $200 a week for each additional eligible employee they hire aged 16 to 29 years old, and $100 a week for each additional eligible employee aged 30 to 35 years old who have worked at least 20 paid hours per week on average for the full weeks they were employed over the reporting period.
Employers are eligible to receive the JobMaker Hiring Credit if they:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN),
• are up to date with tax lodgement obligations,
• are registered for Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding,
• are reporting through Single Touch Payroll (STP),
• meet the additionality criteria**
• are claiming in respect of an eligible employee, and
• have kept adequate records of the 20 paid hours per week worked by the employee they are claiming the
hiring credit in respect of.
** The business’ total employee headcount (minimum of one additional employee) from the reference date of 30 September 2020, and the payroll of the business for the reporting period, as compared to the three months to 30 September 2020.
Talk to our friendly staff and find out how you can access JobMaker Hiring Credits and start building a bigger and better workforce. Contact us today!
The $1.2 billion Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy will support businesses and Group Training Organisations to take on new Apprentices and Trainees, to build a pipeline of skilled workers to support a sustained economic recovery. Any businesses or Group Training Organisation that engages an Australian Apprentice on or after 5 October 2020 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50 per cent of wages paid to an Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter.
Your business or Group Training Organisation may be eligible if:
• you engage an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, and
• your Australian Apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification, and has a training contract
that is formally approved by the state training authority.
How much is the subsidy?
Eligible employers and Group Training Organisations will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the Australian Apprentice’s gross wage paid.
• the wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter, per eligible Australian Apprentice, and
• the subsidy is available for wages paid from 5 October 2020 to 30 September 2021.
Anything else I should know?
• the subsidy is available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location,
• the subsidy is capped at 100,000 places,
• the subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy e.g.
Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or JobKeeper,
• payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021, and
• final claims for payment must be lodged by 31 December 2021.
Talk to our friendly staff and find out how you can access the ‘Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy’ and start building a bigger and better workforce. Contact us today!
To find out how wage subsidies could work for your business, contact The Personnel Group today.