Our disability employment service is a Federal Government initiative focused on finding and maintaining employment for job seekers with a permanent disability.
A wage subsidy of up to $1500 may be offered to employers to assist with initial training and labour costs that may be incurred when recruiting a job seeker with a disability. As well as fulfilling job requirements within your own workplace, you'll be allowing job seekers to gain work and transition to greater financial independence.
To be eligible for a wage subsidy you must:
- Provide a suitable job seeker to a well-matched, sustainable position working with a minimum of 8 hours per week
- The suitable job seeker must be employed for at least 13 weeks and employment is expected to be ongoing and sustainable beyond the period of the subsidy
- A further subsidy can be negotiated for an additional 13 weeks
- The employer must submit evidence, including details of hours worked and wages paid. TPG can assist with this detail.
What The Personnel Group can provide for you:
- Suitable jobseekers to fill appropriately matched, sustainable and ongoing employment for you
- Provide a wage subsidy agreement for job seekers who enter into employment
- Assistance in providing evidence of employment of jobseeker
- Access the Workplace Modification Scheme for reasonable amendments to the workplace where required
- On the job training provided free of charge by one of our professional training consultants to meet the needs of the job seeker and the employer's productivity needs
- Ongoing support to the job seeker and the employer for the duration of employment (when required).