Service Guarantee

As your Disability Employment Services Provider:

  • We will clearly explain to you what services you can receive, what we will do for you, and what you have to do, including how often we will meet.
  • We will provide help for you to find and keep a job. This includes giving you ongoing support once you get a job, if you need it.
  • We will treat you fairly and with respect, in line with the Disability Services Standards.
  • We will be sensitive to your individual needs when helping you, including any impact that your disability, injury or health condition might have on your ability to find and keep a job. This could also include any parenting or caring responsibilities you might have.
  • We will deliver services that are culturally appropriate.

What help can I expect?

We will work with you to agree on a plan with assistance and activities to help you find and keep a job. This is called your Employment Pathway Plan.

We will work with you to help you deal with any issues that might be making it hard for you to look for work. Some of the ways we might do this include:

  • looking at what work you have done before, and what work is available in your area
  • looking at what skills and education you have and what skills and education might help you get work
  • working with prospective employers to match your skills to their needs
  • providing you with help which may include training, work experience or services to help you overcome any issues that are making it difficult for you to find and keep a job
  • helping you to be ready for a job
  • helping you to access other support services you may need
  • helping you to write a résumé
  • providing you with advice on the best ways to look for work
  • providing you with information about computer and internet facilities relevant to helping you to find and keep a job, including access to Australian Jobsearch (
  • providing you with access to an interpreter if you need one
  • checking that work is suitable for your condition or injury.

Once you have a job, we will continue to support you and will develop a plan with you to help you keep your job. This may include:

  • support to help you settle into your job
  • on-the-job training
  • information, support and training for your employer and/or co-workers
  • help to resolve any problems you may have at work
  • ongoing support appropriate to your needs, which may include meeting with you regularly, or giving you more intensive support when you need it.

Depending on your circumstances, we can also help you and your employer access a range of other support services which may include:

  • modifications for your work area
  • help to purchase specialised technology
  • financial help for other services, available through a fund called the Employment Assistance Fund
  • access to extra help if you are at risk of losing your job.

For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples

We will deliver services and engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants in a way that acknowledges and respects these cultures.

We will ensure that staff are appropriately trained and that this organisation is committed to getting the best employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants.  

What are my responsibilities?

If you can’t do an activity listed in your Employment Pathway Plan, or can’t attend an appointment that has been arranged for you, contact us as soon as possible. If you do so we may make another time for you to attend your activity or appointment. If you don’t contact us beforehand when you are able to do so, your income support payment may be reduced, or stopped, even if you have a good reason for not being able to attend.

To make sure you get the right support, you should let us know if something in your life changes, like your health, your parenting responsibilities, whether you’re doing voluntary or paid work or undertaking education, or if you experience a personal crisis.

If you are entitled to compensation or damages from someone for your disability, injury or illness, you should let us know.

What if I receive Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment (with participation requirements)?

If you are receiving support from Centrelink through Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment (with participation requirements), there are some extra things that you will have to do. If you want to keep receiving income support, you need to:

  • make every effort to get a job, and accept any suitable job you are offered
  • do your best at every job interview
  • do everything that you have agreed to do in your Employment Pathway Plan. This includes going to all appointments.

What happens to the information I tell you?

We will collect information about you for the purpose of providing disability employment related services to you. We will keep all information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).

If you ask, we will usually be able to show you the information we hold about you. If you have any concerns about the way in which information about you is being managed, you can discuss your concerns with us.

More information about the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) can be found on the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at

Disability Services Standards

The Disability Services Standards set out the quality of services we will deliver to you. We will let you know about these standards, and they can also be found online here.

All Disability Employment Services Program Providers have been assessed by independent auditors as meeting the Disability Services Standards.

Connections for Quality

Choosing a provider to help you find work is an important decision.

To assist you, information about providers in your local area can be found through Connections for Quality on the Australian JobSearch website at .  When you are looking for a provider Connections for Quality information about the services they provide is available on each Provider Site Detail page. This information will answer your questions about who will work with you and how they will help you find employment.

What can I do if I’m not happy with the service I receive?

If you think you aren’t receiving the right help, you should first try to talk to us. We will provide a feedback process which is fair and we will try to resolve your concerns.

If you feel you can’t talk to us about your concerns, or you are still not happy, you can access the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service by calling the Government’s Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260 (free call from land lines).

You can also call the Complaints Resolution and Referral Service directly on 1800 880 052 (free call from land lines), or on the

TTY number: 1800 301 130 (free call from land lines).

The National Relay Service: 1800 555 677 (free call from land lines), fax 02 9318 1372.