Organisations contracted to deliver Australian Government funded employment services have agreed and are committed to observe the Employment Services Code of Practice. This Code of Practice sets out the principles and standards that underpin the delivery of employment services and other services to increase employment outcomes and participation in economic activities in Australia especially for disadvantaged client groups.
We commit to working with our clients, employees, sub-contractors, and other providers to deliver quality employment services by:
- Ensuring staff have the skills and experience they need to provide quality and culturally sensitive services to job seekers employers and local communities
- Working in collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and communities to identify needs and how they can be met
- Behaving ethically and acting with honesty, due care and diligence
- Being open and accountable
- Avoiding any practice or activity which a provider could reasonably foresee could bring employment services into disrepute
- Sensitively managing any information collected.
We commit to helping each job seeker find their pathway into employment by:
- Meeting the Service Guarantees
- Tailoring assistance to the job seekers’ personal circumstances, skills, abilities and aspirations
- Using available Government funding appropriately to support job seekers
- Treating every job seeker fairly and with respect
- Providing a fair and accessible feedback process.
We commit to assisting employers meet their skill and labour shortage needs by:
- Working with employers to identify job and industry specific training needs and how they can be met
- Referring the most appropriately qualified and experienced job seekers available
- Providing a timely response to employer inquiries.
The Australian Government will support employment services providers in achieving these standards by:
- Evaluating and sharing best practice to enable continuous improvement in the delivery of employment services
- Providing a Customer Service Line on free call 1800 805 260 for job seekers who can not resolve any concerns or problems they have with their provider. Clients of Disability Employment Services can also contact the free Complaints Resolution and Referral Service on 1800 880 052
- Providing an Employer Hotline on free call 13 17 15 for businesses to access providers.