What is a disability?
One in five Australians has one or more disabilities, you are not alone.
There are many different types of disabilities, which may include:
- blindness or limited sight
- having a learning or intellectual disability
- deafness or hearing impaired
- a physical disability
- a long-term illness
- a mental health condition
- or an acquired brain injury
A disability may be hidden, temporary or permanent, and may have a minimal or substantial impact on a person’s abilities.
Many people who have a disability are able to perform job requirements and lead successful, fulfilling lives. In a work environment, they may require an adaption to assist them to overcome the impact of their disability and this is achievable. Our specialist Workplace Support Officers at The Personnel Group can assist workers and employers with training, job redesign and/or Government funded modifications to overcome these barriers.
It’s important to note, that people with a disability bring a variety of skills, talents and abilities to a work place. People with disability work many occupations.
- 37% are professionals, managers and administrators
- 30% are clerical sales and service workers
- 33% are from remaining occupations such as trades, production, laboring work, etc.
Here at The Personnel Group, we have been successful in helping thousands of people gain and keep meaningful employment across all industries as well as providing ongoing support to employers who have embraced people with a disability into their workplace.